Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Putting the "we" in WWE

A week ago was Christmas. Three days after that was our friend Vishnu's 33rd birthday. What follows is what happens when you mix an impending wrestling match with my 9-year-old nephew, permanent markers and poster board.

Jordan designed and executed all of the signs. I am still not entirely clear on the intended message of the last one, but I like to think that the "ME" is a reference to the message itself. The fact that it is written in camouflage supports this reading, I think. I'll leave it to you to determine who the "YOU" is without conjuring a this-sentence-is-false-type paradox.

Here is a picture of us on the way to Madison Square Garden and Jordan in front of the ring!

It wasn't all wrestle, wrestle, wrestle. The team found time to chat and send text messages too:

We all perked up (even Vishnu put down his hot dog) for the Diva bout:

and this was the first time I have ever seen a cage match in person!

All in all it was a great event! However, we just learned that Jordan's signs will not reach as wide an audience as originally planned since the event was neither recorded nor televised (please tell your friends to visit this site and make my nephew happy):

1 comment:

  1. The last professional wrestling match I saw was on Voorhees. I think it was you and Ashton Curtis. He tapped out after you put the Johnson Leglock on him.

    ReplyDelete