Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Heading to San Diego

Yesterday, I took a research position in San Diego to study a mouse model of Alzheimer's Disease. Today, I started this blog. I will be leaving my farm home in Miford, DE and all my friends and family on the east coast to join the fast-paced world of neuroscience and all of my friends in Southern California; that's right, I'm talking about Andrew, Jessie, Amish and a lot more people I am forgetting/have lost touch with (i.e. Allegra are you still in the area?).

This blog will be a way for us to stay in touch as I make my way accross the country and eventually end up in San Diego. I am planning on a mid January departure and hope to post pictures and updates along the way.

Here is a picture I took when I was in the Sierra Foothills earlier this summer in Northern California.

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck, Harvey.

    The east coast will miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was quick..nice work! I do like the URL--very Walden-esque. Except Thoreau went out alone..so maybe not.

    I am now a follower of yours. Sounds sort of cultish, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations!! will look out for your posts!

    ReplyDelete